In spite of the cold, wet weather, April has been an incredibly busy month for community development in Montezuma.
- We have secured $2000 from the South Central Iowa Solid Waste Agency to go toward a community beautification project and to build raised garden beds for the Galaxy Youth Summer Program, complete with refurbished rain barrels and compost.
- The Montezuma Library Board has partnered with our community beautification efforts for Montezuma and have agreed to help fund some new landscaping projects around the library and the city offices.
- We have received $2000 from the Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation for the relocation and preservation of the Civil War monument. Advocates of historic preservation in the community will be working with the Legion in ironing out the details of this project.
- As spring approaches, be on the lookout for new bike racks in town! We are working with Grinnell Regional Medical Center and the CDC on this project.
- In conjunction with the Montezuma Lions City-Wide Cleanup, volunteers helped MCD clean up the downtown and prepare the planters to be planted in the coming weeks.
As always, we are looking to widen and deepen our support both in the community and with those connected to Montezuma. If you have any questions, comments, or would like to give to Montezuma Community Development, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or montezumaiowa.org.
Also, for those of you not living in Montezuma, we would love to hear what it would take to get you to consider our beautiful little town. Please fill out the following survey.
In Montezuma Blue,
Interim Executive Director
Montezuma Community Development
501 East Main St., PO Box 314, Montezuma, IA 50171